Environment & Quality
Contributing to a Circular Economy with Our Environmental Management System
Hanshin Engineering has its head office in the urban area of Konohana Ward in Osaka City, and its factory located in the natural environment of Tamba City, Hyogo Prefecture. The products we handle, such as our water treatment and sluice gate machinery, as well as our labor-saving machines, can make a significant contribution to the environment.
Recognizing that conserving the global environment is already the most significant issue for all mankind, we aim to protect the environment and contribute to society in all aspects of our corporate activities.
In all our business activities, we will promote continuous and progressive environmental protection initiatives based on the following basic policy:
- The following are deemed a priority in terms of the environmental conservation activities we carry out in relation to our business, products and services:
- 1) we will promote resource and energy conservation in our manufacturing processes;
- 2) we will strive to reduce the amount of industrial waste, making every effort to separate the waste and recycle it;
- 3) we will thoroughly manage all chemical and hazardous substances to prevent them from being discharged or washed away, and;
- 4) we will promote environmentally friendly procurement in our parts, products and services, as well as in the raw materials we purchase.
- In addition to complying with all environmental laws, regulations, and ordinances, we will continuously improve our environmental management system and carry out environmental conservation activities with the participation of all employees.
We will also periodically evaluate and review our environmental management system.
- We will establish technologies for the development and manufacture of products which are less harmful to the environment, and promote the manufacture of environmentally friendly products that customers can have confidence in.
- In order to achieve this environmental policy, we will set specific environmental goals, educating and training all employees, and requesting that affiliated companies cooperate with these goals.
- We aim to be a company that is trusted by society by disseminating this environmental policy to all employees and making it publicly available.
June 30, 2017
President and CEO
HANSHIN ENGINEERING Co., Ltd.
Based on our management philosophy, we will effectively and continuously implement a quality management system in order to achieve a standard of quality, price and delivery time that meets our customers’ requirements.
- We will implement a quality management system at each stage of product orders received, development, design, production, inspection, and service. We will strive to continuously improve its effectiveness in the following ways:
- we will strive to grasp and improve levels of customer satisfaction on a regular basis;
- we will work to improve productivity and reduce costs;
- we will strive to develop and provide products that can contribute to the global environment, and;
- we will strive to use and procure environmentally friendly parts.
- We will comply with all legal and regulatory requirements as well as any other requirements that we agree to.
- In order to implement this policy, each department sets specific objectives and goals, and assesses each year the progress towards these targets, clarifying what action needs to be taken.
- This policy is disseminated to all employees who are made aware of our proactive efforts in terms of our quality management system.
ISO 9001 (Initial certification on November 20, 1998)
Scope:Design, development and manufacture of sluice gate opening/closing equipment, gear speed reducers and increasers, aeration agitators for sewage/wastewater treatment, and other related equipment
ISO 14001 (Initial certification on November 21, 2001)
Scope:Head Office (design and development of sluice gate opening/closing equipment, gear speed reducers and increasers, aeration agitators for sewage/wastewater treatment, and other related equipment)
Hikami Plant (Design, development and manufacture of sluice gate opening/closing equipment, gear speed reducers and increasers, aeration agitators for sewage/wastewater treatment, and other related equipment)